Sunday, June 28, 2009

Quotable Sunday Strikes Again

Perhaps it's because today (since 630am yesterday) the kids have been shrieking-non-stop, maybe because my "days" last 21-22 hours, and maybe it's because I blog with a little one whining in my ear I don't know-but I just want to read (and share) a little Mommy/Housewife humor this week.

"My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint."
-Erma Bombeck-

"I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on."
-Roseanne Barr-

"I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."
-Jennifer Unlimited-

"A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after."
-Peter De Vries-

"By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class."
-Anne Morrow Lindbergh-

"Son, I will literally give you money for two minutes of peace."
-ME! Today around 5pm (hour 11 of 21 hour shift) -

9 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Excellent mommy quotes!

http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/sunday-stealing-stuff-and-quotes.html

Lisa@saltandlightstudio said...

Oh goodness, you don't know how I needed that laugh! Great quotes - especially yours!

Now I believe you offered some platonic love on SITS today - I'll take two helpings please and thank you. ;)

BlogBaby

Martha said...

What a great topic. I can totally relate to the quote attributed to you, and I have only ONE child. I have BRIBED her more than once! I will buy you a new toy if you PROMISE not to bother me for just ONE HOUR!

Erma Bomback's books always made me laugh, even way before I was a mom, wife (well ex-now), or even an adult.

I hate IRONING too!

Rhonda Gales said...

Love the I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on." quote by Roseann Barr. Since Sears didn't come through, I replaced all my carpet with hardwood flooring.

Thanks for sharing these great quotes.

Jana said...

Great quotes. I hope you have a great rest of the weekend.

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

so good~!

"I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."
-Jennifer Unlimited-

Unknown said...

Oh the shrieking and whining! I hear ya! Love the one by -Erma Bombeck, I have days like that too!

Unknown said...

LMAO I use bribery too- all the time.

MrsM said...

I am Harriet-Thank you! I'm always up for funny quotes, especially about parenting or Motherhood...it's good to lighten the mood!

BlogBaby-I'm glad I could help! And here's some platonic love for you...

XXX
XXX

(Those are either two rows of hugs or two jugs of Moonshine-whichever you'd like best!)

Martha in PA-One hour? You're so optimistic! I love Erma Bombeck's writing too-I especially liked "A Marriage Made in Heavan or Too Tired for an Affair".

rmgales-No problem. We're angling our landlord for hardwoods...they're soooo much easier to deal with!

Jana-Thanks, you too! And thank you for visiting!

Jan's Place-I actually say that all the time. It's a very honest (and funny) quote!

LT-I think we ALL have days like that. Unfortunately not all of us have bunk beds....=)

dddiva-It's not my usual technique, but when all else fails in a desperate moment I have been known to whip out the candy (or money or whatever).