Friday, October 16, 2009

Mommy's Fabulous Find Friday-Katie from Why Bother

Aaaaalright, everybody. It's time (finally!) to once again feature one of YOU for Fab Find Friday. I love getting to know you better, and sharing all of your fabulous blogs with everybody else!

This week Random.Org hit upon a truly fabulous lady....follower number 35



I am thrilled to be featuring Katie this week. Katie is among the first followers I had, and I can honestly say that her comments have always been thoughtful and sweet. She is genuine, and funny, and the more I've gotten to know her the more I like her!

Katie's character shows up in her blog as well-but before you hop over for a visit, check out Katie's interview!

So, tell us about yourself (Family/friends/pets? Career/hobbies? Fun facts? Hidden talents? Medical oddities?)...
I’m Katie, a single mom to a high spirited little boy. Jake and I live in Southern California where the seasons vary slightly and you need a freeway to go 5 miles. Between my S.O. and I, we have 3 boys, all names with “J” names and all very much boys.

I lived in the City by the Bay for 6 years while I went to college at San Francisco State University for my BA and my teaching credential. Oh, the fog and the hills! I loved the city and history and the bridges!

Though I have a teaching credential, I am not currently a teacher. I work for the family business along side my dad and my brother and a few uncles and cousins. Yeah, when I say the “family” in family business, I honestly mean FAMILY! We cut and process steel for distribution.

On the side I scrapbook, make cards and try my best to raise my son to be a courteous, silly, genuine little guy. I’ve been known to attempt quilting, cooking, baking and sewing but some success!

And of course everyone wants to know where we can find your writing...
I’m blogging over at Why Bother? where I’m always asking myself, why bother?


Curious minds want to know-who and/or what inspires you to blog?
My main inspiration for blogging is my son, Jake. He came into this world very unexpectedly but brought with him so much joy, hope, and love that everyday I can’t help but write about him and for him. Sharing his silliness, his “boyness” and our day to day experiences has me writing constantly.

Other inspirations come from my personal experiences. From the moment I wake up to the moment I’m asleep (and sometimes when I’m sleeping!) I’m finding reasons to put my words out there to read. It’s like having my brain on paper, my thoughts typed out and my feelings expressed through words. I’m able to think, plot, write out, and then sit back and read it all. It can help me to see my situation in a different light. Plus it’s like free therapy!


Please share with us your favorite posts so far!

An Open Letter To My Obsessed Son

To My Butt

Why Can’t I See What Everyone Else Sees

A Life In Opposition

Once Upon A Playdate


What writers (and/or bloggers) do you read regularly?
Wow, this list could go on and on! I think I am currently following over 50 blogs and I try (TRY!) to comment and follow them regularly. But there are two ladies in particular that started me on this road. McMommy over at The McMommy Chronicles and Maria over at Mommy Melee. I joined Twitter and was told about both these women and their fun, touching, and beautiful writing. From there I was sucked into the blogosphere and have found so many friends.


What are your future plans for your writing/blog?
Blogging is a great outlet for me. I can write for myself, join a blog hopping meme, or write to share what’s going on in our lives. Because my writing is for me, my future plans are flexible. I can keep up my blogging just to share or to change it into something different depending on my needs. It’s a great tool and so fun to connect to others with.

I do hope that my blogging will serve as a history of the younger years of my son and I. Because mommy brain never goes away and my memory capability gets worse and worse each week, all our stories and our experiences are kept together in my blog for him.


And now, for something completely different.......


If I was an animal, I would be
a wolf. They are powerful, beautiful and a little intimidating. I’ve always had a fascination with their habits and how they live in packs.

The TV show I (secretly) watch is DOCTOR WHO! And it’s nooooo secret! My boyfriend got my hooked on this great little sci-fi show that dates back to the 1960’s. I haven’t watched any of the older episodes but I’m currently in LOVE with Doctor Who #10, David Tennant. If you’ve never watched an episode, check out The Girl In The Fireplace or The Empty Child. Both of these episodes are sure to make you cry.

But if I have to tell a secret show….shhhhh….I love the drama and fakeness of all the Real Housewives shows. Just don’t tell anyone!

If you could only eat one kind of candy for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Twix because….there are TWO in each bag. Come ‘on! Two candies? For the price of one? Love it! All that crunchy goodness mixed with the smooth caramel taste. Yum!

If you could only impart one piece of wisdom to your son what would it be?
Everything you are handed in life, you are strong enough to get through. No matter how hard, you are stronger and more capable than you think. Just remember to lean on your friends and family in the hard times and offer your shoulder or hand in return.

That is wonderful advice Katie! Thank you so much for agreeing to do my interview and for being a faithful follower, a thoughtful commenter, and an all around Fabulous bloggy friend!

Okay everyone, now is the time when you can hop over and find out even more reasons why our friend Katie is Fabulous!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Hooray for Katie!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Kaite is great, I have been following her blog for a while. Fantastic interview!

Claudya Martinez said...

Well done Katie! Even though I've been following you for awhile I still learned quite a bit.

Excellent interviewing! Great questions.

~T~ said...

Good job.
Visiting from SITS, have a blessed day.
www.tuesdaysattonyas.blogspot.com