Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Most Wonderful Man in the World

Hubby and I have this horrible habit-neither one of us can hold onto a gift. The minute we buy something for someone else we hardly have the patience to wrap it, let alone wait for the actual occasion to give it to the recipient. We just need to see that look on their face...and that's why, per our normal weirdness, I got my Mother's Day gift today!! We don't really have much money (hence the bankruptcy filing) but I did get a very special card....

The outside of the card is cream with a stripe of light purple damask, covered by a sheer lilac colored ribbon. It's just gorgeous, and on the front in a script it says "With Love to My Wife". I love how frilly and pretty it looks. When I opened it the cream color was in the middle and the lilac damask was around the edges and it says (again in the beautiful script) "Through the years, I've discovered all the joys of loving you and raising a family with you. I wouldn't trade what we have for anything in the world. I'm so lucky to have you for a wife. Happy Mother's Day".

Hubby's note was even sweeter than the card (he said that I could post it for you)...

No matter what is behind us or ahead of us, it's insignificant compared to what's inside us. Thank you forever for showing me what love is and letting me be the one to bask in your love. I am still amazed at how our love grows every day, and the family it has created. I am forever in your debt.
Love you always,
Hubby.

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't get a little sting in the eyes. And yet it gets even sweeter (I kid you not). There, taped next to the script, is a 4gb external memory stick that has an arrow and Hubby wrote "Listen to me!". I plug it into my computer and it plays Eric Clapton "Wonderful Tonight" (the song Hubby has always said reminds him of me), Chris Issak "Wicked Games" (the song we used to share when we were first dating), and Death Cab for Cutie "I Will Follow You Into The Dark" (the song we were listening to when he told me he wanted to marry me).

Isn't he the dreamiest, most romantical, wonderful Hubby of all time? I think so. And I definitely know that I am the luckiest woman (and mama) on Earth. I hope all of you who have to wait for Mother's Day on Sunday have as great a time as I did!

1 comment:

Melissa aka Equidae said...

oh now that was the best msg I ever heard:) thanks for sharing.....i hope your mothers day will be wonderfully spent