Monday, February 18, 2008

Our Girl Is Here!

Baby Bug was finally born! She was born February 15th at 4:40pm. She ended up weighing only 6lbs 9oz (I guess ultrasounds aren't that accurate, huh?) and was 19 inches long, but she is healthy. She is, by the way, also adorable.

They didn't break my water on Thursday like they said that they would because-for some freakish reason-I still wasn't 4cm yet. Of course, that made me insane with rage and agony upset about that, so my doc went ahead and scheduled the amnio at the butt crack of dawn the next morning (7:45am should not exist when one is 9 bizillion months pregnant). It took until 11:30 to get back the results and then we started the pitocin drip at 11:50.

I got my epidural around 2pm (I don't know exactly when...I was kind of occupied...) and after that it was aaaaaaaaaalllllllll gooooooooood. The only thing I felt was a little barfy. I can handle barfy, I've been doing it for 9 months give or take. The nurse came in about quarter after 4 to check me and I was 10cm and ready, so we called up the doc and had that baby! I only had to push two times, and I didn't rip or tear or anything! I think that my labor, by far, is the easiest labor I have ever heard of...I am a lucky lucky mama-I felt great after I had her. Except for the excruciating gallbladder attacks I had-three in a row!-later that night, but I guess you can't win 'em all.

So, you ask, if we had her on the 15th why did it take until the 18th to post about it? All I have to say is do you know what it's like to try to get online with a 4 year old boy and a newborn baby girl in the house? It takes something just short of an act of God to make an exhausted newly post partum mama rob herself of an hour of sleep to brag on the internet to complete strangers. But I'll do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome Baby Bug!