Friday, June 5, 2009

Mommy's Fabulous Find Friday-Jen from The Spoiled Housewife!

Oh yes, it is that time already...the first ever Mommy's Fabulous Find Friday has finally come~and I am so excited to spend the upcoming weeks featuring YOU, my fabulous followers! I really have a soft spot for everyone who follows my little blog. I want to get to know each and every one of you so that we can be best bloggy friends (what's better than making new friends?).

My very first ever featured follower was also, coincidentally, my very first ever follower! Her number was pulled randomly by the random.org generator, but isn't it fantastic how things work out? I am honored to interview and introduce to you all


Not only is she my first follower, but she is a first class lady all around. Her comments are always so personal and sweet-just like her blog! Unfortunately, Jen's good friend has recently experienced the unexpected loss of her husband and Jen (being Jen) is busy helping her friend and her friend's two small children, so her blog has been on on a break for a bit. I do promise you all though-if you go over to her blog and read some of her posts you will soon discover that it is absolutely worth waiting for her return to blog land!

Obviously we already know that she is an amazing, good hearted person, so she's definitely worth getting to know even better! Let's find out more about Jen.

So Jen, tell us about yourself (Family/friends/pets? Career/hobbies? Fun facts? Hidden talents? Medical oddities?)...

Well..I am a married 26 (almost 27) year old. My husband is 11 1/2 years older than I am. We have 3 children. Our son, Punk is 5, and our daughters Twinkletoes and Ducky are 3 1/2 and 1 1/2. I also have 3 stepchildren from my husband's first marriage. Two boys ages 22, and 20 and a girl age 8! I love to knit and cross-stitch, but have a ton of trouble finding the time!

Well, no wonder with so many kidlets on your hands! It's amazing how you find time to blog...or finish a thought at all...Speaking of blogging, everyone wants to know where we can find your writing...

You can find me at my blog, The Spoiled Housewife, OR at my fitness blog, Kitchen Table Fitness.

I definitely make it a point to visit your blogs as often as I can, and I hope others do as well! Though while reading of course, curious minds want to know-who and/or what inspires you to blog?

My family and funny, adorable children inspire The Spoiled Housewife. As far as my fitness blog goes, I am inspired by my personal coaching business, and helping others find physical and financial freedom!

I have read some really fabulous posts on your blogs, but could you please share with us your favorite posts so far?

My "100 Things" post shares a lot about me! And then there was my "He Lets Me Cry" post about how much I love my husband and how much my husband loves me.

Definitely great posts~I love your writing! I'd love to know who great writers read...what writers (and/or bloggers) do you read regularly?

Well, obviously, YOU, Mrs. M! And I also have to say I love http://mycharmingkids.net and http://suburbanturmoil.blogspot.com Completely different writing styles and topics, but I love them both! I've been reading Suburban Turmoil for years.

So Jen, what can we look forward to as far as future plans for your writing/blog?

I would really like to organize daily posts. Such a Monday-weekend recap, Tuesday - recipes, Wednesday - craft...something fun like that! The chances of it happening? Well I'll have to be a bit more disciplined in my blogging..but you know how it is..life sometimes just demands more time than we have to give! :)

And now, for something completely different.......

Chocolate or vanilla ice cream? Vanilla

Stripes or polka dots? Stripes..unless its dressing up my girls, then polka dots!

If you were an animal, which would you be and why? A squirrel..I LOVE squirrels. They are so cute and they way the jump around the trees...how fun would that be?

Let's say you have a time machine, but it is only good for one round trip-what do you do with it? Go back and spend a whole day with my husband before kids..I'd love to relive that time in my life.

I hope everyone gets a chance to go check out Jen's blogs...It's a great time to catch up on her previous posts until things settle down and she gets back to blogging on a regular basis! And a huge thank you to my friend Jen for doing this interview, and of course for following my humble little page of the Internet!

[Remember, if you want a chance to be my featured follower on Mommy's Fabulous Find Friday all you have to do is be a follower! If you choose to subscribe in a reader or bookmark my page, you'll have to make sure to leave a comment so that I can include you in the drawing. Thanks everyone!]

6 comments:

Kimmy @ kimmythingy said...

Ok, I'm off to check out Jen - she sounds super-fun!

Unknown said...

Going over to check her out now...this is a cute idea!!

Jen said...

Thank you so much for featuring me, my dearest bloggy mom! I was able to get up a little "apology post" about my absence and when I'll be returning! Thank you SO much again! And of course I put a link to this post as well. xoxo

MrsM said...

Kimberley-I'm so glad! She's a really neat lady :)

Kris-Thank you! Enjoy her blog!

Jen-Oh no, thank you! I'm so glad to hear (read) that you will be back starting Monday!

Muthering Heights said...

Wow, has her hands FULL!

Helene said...

She sounds amazing!! I'm off to go check her blog out!