Friday, August 21, 2009

Mommy's Fabulous Find Friday-Lesley from Project Mommyhood!

After what seems like a super long period of erratic posting I'm finally back. It feels so good to get to writing again (though I have been working on some very juicy things which you'll find out about soon) and lucky me-today is Friday, so you know what that means. It's time once again for Fabulous Find Friday~the day of the week I set aside to feature something I love, namely YOU. This week's featured follower is


Her blog caught my attention earlier this year, and I have to say I have loved reading what she has to say. She's so personable and honest, and a total sweetheart. For her 1 year blog anniversary she decided to create a giant award, complete with fabulous prizes, for Mommy Blogger of the Year. How generous is that? Let's get to know her even better.....

So Lesley, tell us about yourself (Family/friends/pets? Career/hobbies? Fun facts? Hidden talents? Medical oddities?)...
Oh Boy...I'll try the cliff notes version....as my profile says A new mommy who has realized she has more patience than she thought....
A wife who again...has more patience than she thought....
An ex retail manager....who is soooo extremely happy to be at home changing diapers and making homemade baby food...
An ex Colorado-an by way of Arizona...and now New Jersy....who was born in Oklahoma....hmmmm....I guess that makes me a super tan, skiing, cowgirl with an attitude. I am a proud Air Force Wife, which on the down side makes me a single mom for 6-9 months every year...but I'm learning a lot (wink wink)... I am a 4 year cancer survivor...(thoroughly whooped its bohunkus)....and recently in the last year have opened my own boutique baby Item business Noah Baby Boutique. noahbabyboutique.etsy.com. I've been so very lucky to have been able to gift Tobey Maguire and Roger Federer with my products....

Congratulations on beating cancer! Also on your success with your home business. It sounds like you have an incredibly full and rewarding life.

Tell everyone where we can find your writing...

Since I have to dip my hands in a little bit of everything....you can find me a few places (keeps me occupied on all those long lonely nights)
HOME: Project Mommyhood: http://projectmommyhood.blogspot.com
REVIEW: Project Mommyhood Reviews
Noah Baby Boutique:


Curious minds want to know-who and/or what inspires you to blog?
My family...Becoming a mom....of a baby....and now a toddler....is CRAZY...it can be anything from the most entertaining.....to most frustrating..and most days the most rewarding career move..(it's soooo a career)....I've ever made....(next to being married) I've been blessed that since I've started writing my blog....others actually like what I have to say.....(take that ms Marti in 9th grade English)...and they don't even care if I don't use conjunctions or prepositions correctly....

Oh being a Mom is totally a career!

Please share with us your favorite posts so far...
Oh boy....that could be hard.....
An Apology

What writers (and/or bloggers) do you read regularly?
I read sooo many blogs...my husband is starting to get a little annoyed...now that he's home and all....(man needs his attention time)
Some of my faves though are
It Ain't Easy Being Cheesy http://houseofcline.blogspot.com/


What are your future plans for your writing/blog?
Really I have no earthly idea....I can actually understand: When my husband and I were dating....and i wanted a more serious commitment....and all he would say is "let's take it a day at a time".....I would get soooo irritated....but now....I get it....I'm just going to take it a day at a time...as long as my muses are here to bless me with lots of fabulous things to write about....

And now, for something completely different.......

What is your favorite movie of all time? Do you talk along with it as it plays?
I have to say my all time favorite is The Notebook....even though I blubber like a girl (oh wait I am a girl) even after the 200th time of watching it....I love it so much I named my son after the main character.....does that mean I have problems....maybe...

I. Love. The. Notebook. [Secretly, so does Hubby.] And I think everyone wanted to name their sons Noah after seeing that movie!

Dresses or Jeans?
hmmm....either....I LOVE fashion....I would say most days jeans...but in the hot New Jersey Summer...a nice short sundress is just the ticket...and my hot hubby...tends to like them too....

Fill in the blanks: ___Nap Time__ Is the New ___ME Time____ (cheesy I know...had a hugely hard time with this question)

My biggest dream is to someday ____Be a One Woman Baby Boutique empire.....mwwwaaahhhhh_____

I wish you every success with your blog and your boutique-you deserve it! Thank you for following me, and for doing this interview!

So now is the part where everyone goes and visits our new gal pal Lesley (and while you're there, why not take the opportunity to vote your choice for Mommy Blogger of the Year!) you'll be so glad you did-she definitely puts the Fab in Fabulous!

[Remember, if you want a chance to be my featured follower on Mommy's Fabulous Find Friday all you have to do is be a follower! If you choose to subscribe in a reader or bookmark my page, you'll have to make sure to leave a comment so that I can include you in the drawing.]

3 comments:

Lesley said...

thank you so much...I loved being chosen...and what a great post!!!! LOVE following you!!!

Scrappy Girl said...

So cool to meet another great blogger. Great idea!

Jenny said...

I checked out Noah Baby Boutique and the items are so cute!

Great to "meet" you!