Friday, September 4, 2009

Mama Needs A New Laptop (In Search Of a Fab Find Friday Cont.)

Remember when I told you about the eminent demise of Frankenputer? I reviewed laptops online, hoping to narrow down the search, and it came down to the MacBook Pro, the Dell Studio 15, and the Toshiba Satellite A500. It was a close race-until I went to Best Buy.

When I saw the MacBook Pro it was clear-this is, hands down, the drool worthy laptop of my bloggy dreams. I am telling you, it was probably embarassing how much I oogled that computer-but I am shameless, because this computer is perfect! The graphics are awesome, the touch pad is super responsive, it's super thin and ready to go anywhere.....

Oh MacBook, why do you have to be $2000?


I don't know about you, but I don't have $2000 just sitting around. Who am I kidding-we just paid rent....I don't have $20 just sitting around. All of our money is very carefully balanced and compartmentalized, but we use nearly every penny of it. So what's a broke MacBook lovin' gal to do?

I guess this will be a three part series:

Post One: Review Laptops

Post Two: Love MacBook!

Post Three: How I (someday) Manage to Buy A MacBook Without Selling a Kidney

If you have $2000 to spare or an already carefully saved computer budget and you're in the market for laptops I (a) am jealous and (b) highly recommend that you take a look at a MacBook. For anyone else like me, I'll let you know when I figure out how to get a MacBook and keep my organs.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

I have a MacBook, but I've had it for nearly four years now. It's still in very good working condition, but since this one they have come out with even newer and better stuff on the new MacBook Pro! I want it bad! I'm waiting on my tax refund in February. Maybe it'll be enough :)

But I agree. Any Apple computer is the way to go. They can't get viruses, and no one can hack into it. It's also very reliable. My Dad has had two laptops (an HP & a Dell) in the same time that I have had this lap top. The only thing I've ever had to have done is get a new battery, and a new charger. That's it. Love it.

Scrappy Girl said...

Sounds great...hope you figure out how to get one. TGIF~

missy said...

we also have apples in our house......i have to say they are a must!!!!! love my laptop and the desk top too!!!
good luck!!!!!

Beth P. said...

Ughhh! I have the Mac lust too. They are so expensive! Good luck finding the funds - someday it will happen!

Amanda {My Life Badly Written} said...

drool drool drool!

Hope you manage to "score" one as we say in Australia! (ie get one for free!!)

I want one now...."oh Hubby???"