Sunday, May 16, 2010

Faux Hawk of Awesomeness

I have ALWAYS loved Monkey's hair long. Call it a mom thing, call it just unexplained weirdness, but I have always thought that he looked perfectly like my little boy with long wavy hair. Still, the time has come when even my mommy eyes had to see that leaving my Monkey's hair long was making him look...kinda...girly. He's too old for that, I know, I know. Not a baby-I get it really. Doesn't he look so sweet though?


Still, every boy must grow up and every mom must let him. So it was time to bite the bullet and go for it. He decided he wanted to have hair like a zebra. And what with 'being a zebra' being one of his life long ambitions, I wouldn't want to stand in his way so we did it. We gave him a faux hawk...and you know what? IT. IS. AWESOME. That's what I call it:

The Faux Hawk of Awesomeness
(side note: certain tiny fingers have scratched the lens of my camera, resulting in blurry pictures. Sorry!)


In the event that we go somewhere that is not zebra hair friendly, I cut it so that he can blend in with human society (though not everyone is pleased with the non-zebra incarnation)...


I have to say, though I will always miss his baby waves, I think that the F.H.O.A (Faux Hawk of Awesomeness) is perfectly suited to my growing boy. I hardly cried at all while I was cutting it!

4 comments:

j said...

oh your boys long hair was so sweet, but to be a zebra is really important. thanks for the faux hawk hair pics!

Bossy Betty said...

Wait--it's a good thing to blend in with human society???

I have one boy whose hair is too long and one who won't let his grow!

Daysie said...

I LOVE the faux hawk!!!

Expat Barbie said...

he is stunning any which way...