Friday, October 15, 2010

Cat-astrophe OR Kitty Von Awesome

So remember how we got a cat? And remember how adorable she is with her cute little face and her awesome name (Princess Pepperdoodle Von Yum Yum)? Here's a reminder...


See isn't she just precious?! She loves that mouse. Anyway...

It gets better.

Turns out my step father in law is allergic to cats. He is, in fact, so allergic to cats that my inlaws have been rendered medically unable to come to our house. No more totally unexpected and unannounced drive by visits. No more bratty 7 and 8 year old sister in laws tearing things up, bullying my kids, being obnoxious in my air space, and generally getting into things that they aren't supposed to. No more "we were in the neighborhood and thought we'd surprise you...oh my look at how dirty your house is..."

Do you hear that? Ahhhhh-aaaaah-aaaaah! It's the sound of angels singing.

Obviously I'm excited about this (how could I not be?) but there is one thing about this situation that's kind of a drag. My mother in law told my husband she thinks I did this on purpose, like I have some kind of list of known allergies of all of my husband's relatives. That's right, my mother in law accused me of adopting a sweet adorable little kitten out of spite. I know, I'm a total jerk.

Blog friends, I super double pinky promise you that I did not know my step father in law is allergic to cats prior to the adoption of Princess Pepperdoodle Von Yum Yum, nor was I aware that it would render them entirely unable to intrude on our lives visit...

...I just consider that the unexpected yet fabulous gift with purchase.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

:o) Smiling with you! What a cool twist of fate!