Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday Survival Tip: Laughter Is The Best Medicine

Sometimes all you can do in life is laugh. I mean, you could get pissed off or have a grumpy day but I usually find if I sit back and look at the situtation objectively it's usually pretty damn hilarious.

Today, for instance. My husband and my son built themselves a fortress of blankets in my son's room, using any and all available household items as either tent making material or as weights.

Including the labor bag. [Unbeknownst to me.]

This could go terribly horribly wrong. And it did. We left our son's fort up so that he could sleep in it during nap time and, of course, he got into the labor bag. The aftermath was pretty gnarly-everything was unwrapped and thrown around his room including our toothbrushes, which he rubbed on God-knows-what. But the very best part is that my chewing gum was out.

And unwrapped.

And EATEN.

That's right-our son ate approximately 20 pieces of Big Red chewing gum. He does not know how to chew gum--he just chewed it up and swallowed it like any other kind of candy. After learning that he did NOT have to get his stomach pumped I had two options-get pissed, or get a sense of humor. When you think about it, it is kinda funny.

If you have trouble laughing at your own situation, sometimes it can help just to laugh. Find something funny-like THIS clip from Jim Gaffigan. If this doesn't brighten your day, your sense of humor must be permanantly broken.