Saturday, May 30, 2009

Mommy's Job Is Never Done

Last night was insane. The Bean woke up pretty much every hour on the hour. Which would be fine, except that it takes about a half hour to put her back to sleep nurse for 15 minutes, burp for 10 minutes, and then invariably she needs a diaper change. On top of that, Baby Bug woke up twice. Even Monkey had his annual 'wake up screaming because of a particularly vivid nightmare and refuse to go back to sleep' experience. For mommy's convenience, they made especially sure not to all wake up at the same time, but instead space it out juuuuust far enough that I could lay my head on the pillow for 10 minutes and just start dreaming before getting up again.

Of course this nocturnal restlessness deterred no one from waking up at 0 dark 30.

Thanks kids.

Today's a good day to be running on absolutely zero sleep too-my fabulous Mother in Law and Step-Father In Law (you know, the ones who hate me...oh wait all my in laws hate me) are coming over to inspect judge see us. Does anyone know how to get rid of (or cover up) hickeys in 2 hours without using a turtleneck since it's already 1,000 degrees here? What about how to get marker off of a painted metal door?

Better yet, does anyone know how to get obnoxious over-the-top-ear-splittingly-loud children to sit still and BE QUIET? Unfortunately, these are not my children...I know how to deal with them...I'm talking about my husband's sisters. They're 6 and 7 (I actually have 5 sisters in law ranging in age from 6 to 19, but my MIL and SFIL only own two of them) and they are the LOUDEST, RUDEST little germ carriers on this half of the country. They come over scream at the top of their lungs, stomp up and down my stairs, scream and cry if they don't get their way, and generally attempt to push my kids around. Of course, MIL and SFIL never step in and lay down the law-"that's just the way the girls are".

How do I momentarily fix that? Not their parenting-there is nothing I can do about that...I'm just trying to make sure my head doesn't explode.

*sigh*

I guess it's time for me to stop whining, pop two extra strength Tylenols, and hop in the shower. Here's hoping I survive the afternoon.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I hear ya! My in-laws are the same way! I'll never forget my SIL coming over with her dirty, rowdy boys right after I had Abby. Their grimy hands were touching all of my brand new baby's stuff! Plus, the "just had a baby" hormones didn't help the situation either!

Muthering Heights said...

LOLOL...I wish you the best. I have relatives like that too...

Unknown said...

Wow...I haven't had one of THOSE nights in a while--guess I'm about due for one too...(I've got a wee one that's just under 2 mos old)...I feel your pain!! I hope that everything went better than expected...maybe next time have some crafts waiting for the annoying little ones?

Unknown said...

I have something for you over at my blog, please come by and get it when you can!

Vintage Romance Style said...

I totally hear ya girl! Sleepless nights are awful! My 2 year old son just threw up on his bed and will probably be up all night with a belly ache! Hope you get some rest soon!