Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tell All Tuesdays: Linky and Loving It

As I have mentioned before, I am a giant nerd. I am the Lady Eccentric, Her Royal Highness of Dorkdom, Sovereign Ruler of Geektopia. I started my life as a tiny nerdling, and have many examples of my ever increasing geekness in these past decades, but there is one example that has been a shining nerd brand on my metaphorical forehead-when given the option I will always take an essay question over multiple choice.

Always.

No "Please indicate your answer by completely filling in the oval next to the corresponding letter" is not for me-I want to write you a detailed explanation of what I did/think/feel/believe/discovered and WHY-I want to follow everything from it's genesis to it's appropriate if long winded conclusion. I guess I have just always been-uh-"verbose". I'm sure that's why blogging is my preferred medium...

I've got a lot to say and it can't always (in fact rarely would) fit into a multiple choice bubble-and that is why, despite my love for my previous polls, Tell All Tuesday is going a different direction. No more check boxes for you my fellow bloggers! At least, not from me. I want to know what you're thinking, and I want to know it in long winded, overly effuse, nitty gritty detail! Bring me your posts (new or old) and link them together in a chain of wonderful wordiness!

Not that you have to. I do want to hear what you have to say, but I don't want you to feel pressured. I'm not trying to butt in. I guess what I'm saying is please feel free to share-I'd be happy to read what you have to say!

This week for Tell All Tuesday I want to know something I've already asked you. Redundant? Maybe. Fun? Heck yes! So tell me, lovely readers.....what is in your music collection? I really do believe that a person's music says a lot about them, so here's what I want to do-everyone take their music and pick 20 random songs to highlight! If you have an MP3 player it's pretty easy to be random-you can just do what I did and put it on shuffle and take the first 20 songs that pop up. If you are a CD/Tape/Eight Track kind of person, maybe you can put the names of your favorite songs in a hat and then draw for it...because nothing is better as a 'get to know you' game than sharing 20 random songs!



I look forward to getting to know all of you as you Tell All this Tuesday!
(*PS Mr. Linky is weird looking, but still functional...)

7 comments:

Elizabeth D. said...

The Mr. Linky doesn't seem to be working at the moment, so here's my link all the same:

http://typeamommyblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/tell-all-tuesday-20-random-tracks-from.html

PS - Thank you so much for the award! I'll be putting it up this week on my blog! :)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Love the post! =)

Elizabeth D. said...

I am so impressed that we have so much music in common - there sure aren't too many people with such broad tastes in music!!! :)

Helene said...

Darn, I missed this today!!! I'll catch up with you again next Tuesday!!! I love the idea of this!

MrsM said...

Elizabeth-I put you in the linky. And that was even before I learned that we are music twins :)

Mrs.Southern Bride-Thank you for stopping by!

Helene-Yay! I would love for you to participate. You don't have to do it on Tuesday-whenever you have time during the week works too-I'm glad to see you any day!

Daysie said...

I really enjoy your blog!! just posted my link to mr. linky!!

MrsM said...

Kathi-I'm glad you enjoy it~thanks for linking!